Published on May 25th, 2016 | by Roger Corbinetti0
Aquabot Elite Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
Summary: New for 2016, the Aquabot Elite packs a ton of technology into a lightweight unit that can clean any pool, regardless of size or shape. Really easy to live with + a great warranty.
Cleans complex pools w/ almost zero work
Less Than $1,500
- For in-ground pools of any shape or size
- Cleans floors, walls, alcoves and steps
- Easy-change filter cartridge system
- Lightweight design
- 3-year non prorated warranty
One thing to love about Aquabot is that they never stop innovating. Product after product, they push the limits on technology and performance.
Released in 2016, the Aquabot Elite robotic pool cleaner continues that legacy.
Designed for in ground pools of any shape or size, the Aquabot Elite is loaded with new technologies including the new Aquasmart 2.0 microprocessor, patented JetForce technology and Adaptive Surface Traction.
It’s not the cheapest robotic pool cleaner, but it is the one of the most advanced and lightweight units you can buy for a large in ground pool.
And, Aquabot’s 3-year non-prorated Warranty (available when you buy on Amazon, too) means you won’t have to worry about this one failing, any time soon.
Every aspect of design and technology in the Aquabot Elite has been focused on making it extremely good at cleaning.
To give it maximum power while saving energy, the Aquabot Elite features two 24-volt DC motors. Operating at 3000 RPM, the motors are powerful but consume a surprisingly little amount of energy. Average running cost is 5 cents per hour.
Before the Elite begins cleaning, it uses the highly advanced AquaSmart 2.0 Microprocessor Control to map-out your pool’s surfaces. This technology allows it to plot the best paths around the pool, minimizing wastage while ensuring a thorough clean.
Once it starts moving, the Aquabot Elite leaves nothing behind, thanks to its TripleClean Scrubbing Brushes. While most robotic cleaners feature one or two scrubbing brushes, this one has three. The brushes work to agitate and scrub out dirt and debris from every surface of the pool.
Thanks to its innovative EverGrip Rubber Tracks, the Elite can reach every inch of your pool including the floor, walls, waterline, coves and stairs.
To catch the debris it collects, the Aquabot Elite has dual high-capacity filter cartridges.
The vacuum intake ports are also wider than normal, allowing intake of larger pieces of debris and improving suction.
Using the ClearView panels, you can visibly see when the cartridges are full and you can remove the filter while the cleaner is underwater.
The Aquabot Elite’s cleaning cycle can be programmed for 1 hour, 1.5 hours or 2 hours. You can also set it to clean every 2, 3 or 4 days.
Overall, the Aquabot Elite’s cleaning technology & ability is as good as it gets. Especially for complex-shaped in-ground pools.
1. TripleClean scrubbing brushes
You will not find this one in any other robotic pool cleaner. Most have at most two brushes; the Aquabot Elite has three. The result is a cleaner that does its job exceptionally well, leaving not even a speck of dirt behind.
2. Easy cartridge access
I love this feature the most. No other robotic pool cleaner lets you remove the filter cartridge while the unit is in the water. Normally, you have to lift a unit out and turn it over it to remove the cartridges. This can be a problem for heavier units, for some older people and folks with bad backs.
But the Aquabot Elite is different.
On the Aquabot Elite, the quick-release cartridges can be removed and returned while the unit is still in the pool, avoiding the lift-and-turn altogether and putting the cleaner back to work, faster.
3. Advanced microprocessor control
The Aquasmart microprocessor not only maps the shape and size of your pool, it also guides the unit around obstacles and tough surfaces such as stairs, alcoves and walls. The Elite’s modern cleaning algorithms ensure the unit delivers the best cleaning using the least amount energy.
4. EverGrip rubber tracks
Many robotic cleaners waste a lot of time and energy slipping and sliding on smooth surfaces. To avoid this, the Aquabot Elite is equipped with high-traction rubber treads that improve grip and eliminate slipping.
And it works. The Elite moves over any surface, including the walls and stairs, with ease.
- Extremely energy efficient. You will spend as little as 5 cents an hour to get your pool thoroughly cleaned.
- Great for complex-shaped pools: The Aquabot Elite can clean a pool of any shape and size thanks to its highly advanced mapping technology.
- Excellent cleaning ability. You really can clean every part of the pool including the walls, alcove, waterline and the stairs. This saves you, the pool owner, time and energy.
- Easiest cartridge handling you will find in a robotic pool cleaner. The cartridge take a second to remove and you do not even have to haul the unit out of the water. Additionally, the clear view panels means that you can easily tell when it is time to clear the cartridges.
- Ergonomic and lightweight design.
- Kinda pricey. Some retailers list the Aquabot Elite for as much as $1,300. But what matters most is not the price but what you get for it. It is a great investment.
- Remote control is extra. This might be an issue for pool owners who want a bit more control over the cleaning process.
- For use with inground pools of any shape and size.
- Easy access clear view filter cartridges.
- Dual 24 volts DC motors.
- Consumes 180 Watts – about 3 light bulb’s worth of energy.
- Super-light 360 degrees swivel cable.
The NEW Aquabot Elite is designed to make cleaning larger, complex pools as simple and easy as possible. From the way it cleans any surface, to the easy-change cartridge system to its low running cost, the Elite by Aquabot is one of the most advanced, easy-to-live-with pool cleaners you can buy.