Published on August 3rd, 2015 | by Roger Corbinetti0
Aquabot Pool Rover Junior Review
Summary: Perfect for any shape above-ground pool, this affordable and lightweight unit features a self-contained internal pump and filtration system that vacuums and filters without hoses. The Rover T Junior removes everything from large leaves to algae with its easy to clean, reusable state-of-the-art filter bag. Extra-wide wheels allow it to roll over ripples and deep footprints in pool bottoms.
Simple is better
Less Than $500
- For above-ground pools only.
- For pools up to 27′ diameter.
- Scrubs and vacuums floors.
- Includes 41′ long power cord.
- Short 30 minute cleaning cycle.
- 2-hour auto shut-off.
- 34-quart capacity filter.
- Extra wide plastic wheels let it roll over ripples in pool bottoms.
For those who have an above ground pool, the Aquabot Pool Rover Jr. is the best automatic pool cleaner you can buy. This device handles any flat bottomed above ground swimming of almost any design – including rectangle, oval, or round. It is a simple, affordable and foolproof system.
Built with an inside pump and reusable filter bag, the Pool Rover Junior will remove all unwanted materials from your own pool. It’s a plug-and-play robotic pool cleaner with a secure yet reliable 24-volt push. The unit has a 40-ft cable, so it’s all set after you pull it out of the box. The patented swivel system avoids tangling for optimum cleaning activity and convenience-of-use.
Once you press the power switch, the Pool Rover Jr. starts working its 24 Volt motor that provides jet-drive propulsion and vacuum suction. The reusable filter bag collects debris right down to 2 microns including soil, sand and leaves. Compared with more conventional products, the Aquabot reduces the price of pool maintenance and the cost of chemicals.
The Pool Rover Jr. has the capacity to vacuum 5,400 square feet per hour using a filtration rate of 4,200 gallons per hour. The unit is incredibly light at only 10.5 pounds, plus it can clean any above ground swimming pool in about 30 minutes
The Aquabot Pool Rover Jr. is sold with two essential energy-saving features, including non-marring wheels and an automatic shut off mechanism.
To ensure that the automatic pool cleaner moves quickly, the system has wide-hold non-marring wheels with a 2-inch ground clearance. This makes it easier for the product to move on an irregular swimming ground or over an increasing drain. The automatic shut off procedure turns the unit down after 2-hours of managing to save energy.
Buyers are happy with the performance of Aquabot Pool Rover Jr. The largest benefit is the fact that the appliance does not require any complex setup before it starts cleaning. You will only need to turn it on, drop it to the pool and let it handle the cleaning for two hours. The manufacturer offers a 1-year limited warranty for the motor, which is great considering the expense for motor replacement is really expensive.
Even though the Pool Rover Jr has a lot of advantages, there are few drawbacks. One of the biggest is that the Rover requires you to manually set the locking pin in the front axle on every operation. You also need to move it after every cleaning cycle. It is not a tricky move to make, but forgetting this critical activity can decrease the cleaner’s overall performance.
- 100% plug and play robotic pool cleaner
- patented swivel device prevents tangling
- ultrafine filter traps dirt, sand & leaves
- non-marring wheels
- automatic shut off mechanism
- motor replacement is expensive
- limited wall cleaning ability
- requires owner to manually set the locking pin at the front axle in order to prevent twisting of cable during operation. Must also change the pin location after each cleaning cycle. This is not hard to do, but forgetting to do it can reduce the unit’s efficiency.
- The Pool Rover cleans up to 4,800 square feet per hour and filters 4,200 gallons an hour.
- 40 ft. power cord, plugs into standard outlet.
- self-contained pump and filtration system allow it to vacuum and filter without hoses.
- reusable filter bag removes particles down to 2 microns.
- does NOT climb walls.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there more than 1 versions of the Pool Rover?
– Yes, the Pool Rover comes in 2 models. The T and the T Jr. The T Junior is cheaper, but only handles a 27 foot round pool or smaller.
Will the Pool Rover T Junior work with my pool?
– The Pool Rover Junior will work in any above ground pool up to 27ft round
Will the Pool Rover T work in a pool with a curved/dished-out center?
– No, the cleaner will only work on a pool with a flat bottom.
What size cord comes with the Pool Rover T Junior?
– The cleaner comes with a 40 ft cord.
What comes with the Pool Rover T Junior?
– The cleaner, the reusable filter bag, and transformer.
How much does the Pool Rover T Junior weigh?
– The cleaner weighs about 10.5lbs and is easy to lift and carry
Does the Pool Rover T Junior Clean the walls?
– No, it only cleans the pool floor.
What will the Pool Rover T Junior pick up?
– The cleaner will pick up all debris filtered down to 2 microns. The filter bag has a 19 quart capacity.