Published on February 24th, 2021 | by Roger Corbinetti0
Polaris Vac-Sweep 360 Pressure-Side Pool Cleaner Review
DISCLOSURE: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A swimming pool requires regular upkeep.
However, cleaning the pool on a daily basis can be cumbersome.
Let the Polaris 360 Pool cleaner take care of this for you.
In our opinion (I own one), the Polaris 360 is one of the finest and most reliable pressure-side pool cleaners on the market. It’s also affordable.
The 360 doesn’t require a separate booster pump, and other than filter bags it is rare to need replacement parts unless you use it every day. And when you do, there are plenty of inexpensive repair kits on Amazon for $100-$150.
The 360 uses a single swappable chamber filter bag for collecting and storing debris. The bag can be swapped for finer mesh media if you need it.
Thanks to Polaris’ back-up valve, this machine will not get stuck in corners and will eventually cover every spot of your pool floor. That said, don’t expect it to climb walls and stairs well.
All these features are complemented by a durable build that can take a lot of abuse.
Polaris really raised the bar with the Polaris 360 pool cleaner. The unit is packed with an exceptional set of features and is a great deal, assuming your filter pump can handle it.
This powerful unit is equipped with a single filter bag that traps leaves, pebbles, and other debris. It is large enough to hold large quantities of dirt and debris without you having to frequently empty it.
The filter bag can be easily swapped with a finer mesh bag to pick up sand and silt the regular bag leaves behind. We do this at my house each week.
Belt Drive + Triple Jet Propulsion
The 360 uses a combination of twin belt-driven wheels and jet propulsion to guide it and keep it planted on your pool floor. The combination works very well.
The Polaris 360 pool cleaner comes with a limited warranty. However, it does not cover the wear and tears on certain parts of the unit.
The unit comes with a 31-feet-long feed hose in the package. Additionally, there is a standard 2¼-inch vacuum inlet in the package.
Product Specifications and Technical Details
- Brand: Zodiac
- Model: 360
- Style: Cleaner
- Color: Blue/White
- Operation: Automatic
- Weight: 14 pounds
- Pool type: In ground/all
- Requires booster pump: No
- Drive mechanism: All-wheel belt drive
- Tires: Classic
- TailSweep PRO compatibility: Yes
How to Install The Polaris 360
The installation and set up of a Polaris 360 pool cleaner is not difficult.
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Ensure the pool has a return line with a dedicated 1½-inch female fitting.
- Flush out the return line by turning on the pump for a few minutes.
- Now, disconnect the universal wall fitting from the quick connect and screw it on to the fitting.
- Once you install the wall fitting, reattach the quick disconnect to the universal wall fitting.
- Next, check and adjust the water pressure by connecting the hose at the quick disconnect fitting. Turn the pump on and cover the large hole. Make sure the water comes out of the pressure release valve.
- Now, adjust the hose by connecting it to the return line.
- Assemble the unit and snap the bag tie collar onto the feed hose.
- Place the unit in the pool and turn on the filter pump. The cleaner will remove all the debris from the water in less than three hours.
- Once the work is done, take the cleaner out of the water and dump all the debris from the filter bag out.
- Store the unit in a dry place until next use.
- Make sure the wheels on this cleaner spin at between 28 and 32 RPM.
- Refer to the instruction manual for proper installation.
Pros and Cons
The Polaris 360 is a great choice if you want to keep your pool clean and spend as little as possible to do it.
That said, it’s not perfect.
Easy to Maintain
Since this unit uses a belt drive, you don’t have to spend much on repair or maintenance. It is easier and less expensive to replace a worn-out belt as compared to a shaft drive.
No Booster Pump
Most pressure-side pool cleaners require a booster pump for efficient cleaning. However, the Polaris 360 completely eliminates the need for a pump, saving you from high upfront investment.
The thing you will love the most about this robotic cleaner is its user-friendly operation. Thanks to its simple design, you won’t be confused even if you need to change a belt or a wheel. The filter bag detaches with a simple pull and clicks back into place with ease. It could not be simpler.
Great Value for the Money
While most pool cleaners come with a hefty price tag, the Polaris 360 offers great cleaning at an affordable rate. More importantly, its exceptional build quality makes it a reliable investment.
To make the most of this product, you need to ensure proper maintenance. The filter bag needs replacement once a year. And the wheels and gear drive can fail. That said, repairs are really inexpensive and easy to do yourself.
Not Good at Stairs & Walls
One of the major shortcomings of this pool cleaner is it does not clean pool stairs or walls effectively. This means you have to scrub them once in a while on your own.
Where to Buy
If the Polaris 360 is the pool cleaner you had in mind, you can buy one a any leading pool supply store. It’s also sold on Amazon.com.