Published on January 2nd, 2018 | by Roger Corbinetti0
Aquabot Turbo T Robotic Pool Cleaner Review
Summary: The Aquabot Turbo T's ultra-fine mesh & water jets make it especially well-suited for inground pools suffering from fine-particle issues like algae blooms, bacteria, pollen and sand.
Perfect for inground pools suffering from fine-particle issues.
DISCLOSURE: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- For in-ground pools of any shape or size
- Cleans floors, walls, and steps up to waterline
- Ultra-fine 2 micron filter system
- Comes with a caddy and remote
- Not suitable for tile surfaces
The Aquabot Turbo T robotic pool cleaner is designed for use with in-ground pools of any shape and size, and it cleans every common pool surface – except tile – up to the waterline.
The Turbo T is a powerful programmable cleaning machine that utilizes a unique pressure washing system and a super-fine mesh filter to leave your pool water sparkling clean, while saving energy.
The unit also comes with a caddy and a remote.
The Aquabot Turbo T is especially well-designed for in-ground pools that suffer from fine-particle challenges like pollen, dust, sand, and bacteria and algae blooms.
To clean your pool thoroughly, a robotic pool cleaner must have also the freedom to move into every nook and cranny in your pool. To do this, Aquabot equipped the Turbo T with an extra-long 60-foot tangle-free cable.
Many robotic cleaners tend to get stuck on or miss areas around drains, walls and stairs. The Turbo T does not have these issues.
To keep the cleaning brushes nailed to the surface of your pool, Aquabot fitted the Turbo T with patented NeverStuck Rollers that keep it going no matter the obstacle.
They also gave the Turbo T non-marring wheels that won’t damage your pool’s surfaces, either.
The unit also incorporates G-Tooth tracks to ensure that the sides of the wheels do not scrub against the pool walls.
Two PVC scrubbing brushes do the heavy work of cleaning.
The cleaner does not just capture the larger debris in the water, it also scrubs-away grime & algae stuck onto the floor and walls of the pool. The brushes agitates any stuck debris, allowing for easy capture by the filter. Finally, to provide an extra-thorough cleaning, the Aquabot Turbo T uses patented power washing jets.
Once the debris is loosened by the brushes and jets, the Turbo T sends the dirty water through its ultra-fine 2-micron filter bag. The filter media is small enough to capture bacteria and dust particles, while also catching leaves and pollen. The extra-large filter capacity means you won’t have to change it that often.
The Turbo T cleans so well that you’ll use fewer chemicals over time, which is good for your wallet and your health.
To make cleaning easy, Turbo T provides a flexible automated programmable timer that lets you set how long each cleaning cycle will be.
For routine maintenance, you can set it to 1 or 2 hours. If you haven’t cleaned in a while, maybe 3 or 4 hours. If your pool is really dirty, you can set the cycle to last as long as 7 hours for an extra deep cleaning.
Alternatively, you can just set the unit to run until you turn it off.
Features We Like
1. NeverStuck System
The Aquabot Turbo T can tackle any obstacle in a pool. If you read any review of it online, you’ll notice that no customer has ever complained about the unit getting stuck on the stairs or drains.
The NeverStuck system makes use of special rollers that can easily maneuver around the pool.
This is a good thing especially if you leave the unit to clean while you are away.
2. Wide range programmable timer
Most robotic cleaners have a fixed cleaning cycles, but the Turbo T lets you choose how long you want the unit to run. You can set your cleaning cycle to run between 1 and 7 hours, or just let it run continuously for however long you want.
Additionally, you can use an external timer for even more control over the cleaning process.
3. Extra-fine filtration
Most pools have plenty of fine-grained particulates floating in them or stuck on their walls – stuff like dust, pollen, algae and bacteria. This is why the size of your filter media matters.
To be more specific, pollen is about 30 microns in size, dust is about 10 microns and most bacteria that live in pools are roughly 2 microns in size.
A good robotic cleaner will remove all sizes of foreign particles, no matter how small, leaving the pool clean and healthy.
This is exactly what the Aquabot Turbo T does, thanks to its ultra-fine 2-micron filter bag.
4. Power washing
The Turbo T sets itself apart from other robotic pool cleaners by incorporating power-washing water jets to break-up fine particles and remove them from flat surfaces. The power jets complement the scrubbing brushes to ensure that your pool is properly scrubbed and left sparkling clean.
- Great surface coverage. The Turbo T cleans all areas of the pool including the walls, coves, floor and stairs.
- A unique pressure washing system that makes use of scrubbing brushes and water jets to get the job perfectly done. Even the dirtiest of pools full of leaves and debris is no problem at all.
- Handles inground pools of all shapes including oval, rectangular, kidney, lap and L-shaped.
- The extra–long anti-tangle cable ensures that the cleaner can navigate the pool with ease. Additionally, it can be used with numerous surfaces. The only surface it should not b used on is tile.
- Extra-fine filtration. With a 2-micron filter bag, nothing is left behind.
- Not cheap. The price tag for the Aquabot Turbo T can go as high as $1,300, depending on the seller. But the many great features and 5-star performance fully justifies the price. This is a unit you are going to use for years with relatively little maintenance.
- The unit’s bottom-loading filter isn’t the easiest to change.
- Cleans 75 gallons of pool water per minute.
- Bottom-loading filtration with a 2-micron filter bag.
- 60-feet anti-tangle swivel for fuss-free cleaning.
- NeverStuck wheel system that ensures smooth movement across the walls and floor of the pool.
- For in-ground pools only.
- Includes a caddy and a remote.
The Aquabot Turbo T scores exceptionally high in cleaning ability, comes with cutting edge technology and has a user-friendly design that makes it easy to use and maintain.
We’re not the biggest fans of bottom-loading filters, but the Turbo T’s ultra-fine mesh and water jets make this one of the best cleaners you can buy for in-ground pools that suffer from algae blooms, pollen and sand issues.